Step 1 :: Clean and Prep Nails
As with all jobs, the preparation phase is often overlooked as the anxiousness to get started takes over. In order to attain salon quality nails at home it is important to clean and prep the nail surface properly by following the steps below:
- Thoroughly clean hands and remove any surface debris from the fingertips and nails
- File and shape the nail and lightly buff the surface of the nail. The object is to slightly rough the nail without damaging the nail bed.
- Wipe nails clean using a cotton ball and a small amount of the gel cleanser.
- Lightly brush the nail with the gel primer and air dry (10-15 seconds).
Suggested Tools and Products:
Incoming search terms:
- how to prep nails for gels
- how to prep nails for gel
- how to prep gel nails
- homemade gel nail polish prep
- how to prep nails for gel polish
- how to prep nails for gel nails
- nailprep step 1
- Nail Gel preparfations
- HOW TO PREP THE NAILS
- can you use vinegar to prep nails for gel polish