Step 1 :: Clean and Prep Nails
As with all jobs, the preparation phase is often overlooked as the anxiousness to get started takes over. In order to attain salon quality nails at home it is important to clean and prep the nail surface properly by following the steps below:
- Thoroughly clean hands and remove any surface debris from the fingertips and nails
- File and shape the nail and lightly buff the surface of the nail. The object is to slightly rough the nail without damaging the nail bed.
- Wipe nails clean using a cotton ball and a small amount of the gel cleanser.
- Lightly brush the nail with the gel primer and air dry (10-15 seconds).
Suggested Tools and Products:
Incoming search terms:
- how to prep nails for gel
- how to prep nails for gel nails
- nail prep for gel nails
- how to prep nails for opi gel polish
- how to prep nails for polish
- prepping nails for gel manicure
- prepping nails for gel polish
- steps for prepping nail for opi gel polish
- steps on how to prep for gel nails
- jamberry prep